this little guy will one day be over 100 years old (if we don’t kill him and his entire species off that is)
Offshore wind farms are good for wildlife, say researchers; Dutch study finds birds avoid offshore wind turbines, while marine life finds shelter and new habitats
(click-through for full story)
This is what we should do with the remainder of our plastic bottles! Otherwise they are useless and just plain wasteful!
Plastic Water Bottle Garden
Recyclable energy. Everything you take, you put back into life. It’s all give and take, not take take take.
Anti-cigarette Butt Polution Campaign
Here’s a secret the $50 billion cosmetics industry doesn’t want you to know: You don’t need almost any of what they’re peddling. Truth is, that our bodies are smart, and long before the advent of $200 eye creams—or even basic shaving cream—we were all doing just fine. Of course, some of…
There are many ways to produce less waste:
- Reduce the amount and toxicity of trash you throw away and reuse containers and products.
- Recycle as much as possible and buy products with recycled content.
- Practice composting by using microorganisms (mainly bacteria and fungi) to decompose organic waste, such as food scraps and yard trimmings.
The concept of reduce, reuse, and recycle is equally important for household hazardous waste and industrial materials.
- Household Hazardous Waste: Improper disposal of leftover household products that contain corrosive, toxic, ignitable, or reactive ingredients can pollute the environment and pose a threat to human health.
- Industrial Materials: Industrial non-hazardous wastes that can be recycled and reused are key to a successful resource conservation program.